Hi. Thanks for your interest in the “Leather and LGBTQ Cultural District”, created by the City of San Francisco, to honor, support, and protect the unique and special culture that has flourished in the South of Market area.
We encourage anyone with an interest in the leather or kink community to learn about this project, and participate however they can.
There are lots of ways to get informed and involved:
- Read this brief introduction.
- View our original (2018) brochure, or our new (September 2019) color brochure.
- Click here to add your name to the Leather and LGBTQ Cultural District email list, to be notified of meetings and other events, join a committee, or volunteer your skills.
- Attend one of our semi-annual Membership Meetings.
- Attend (as a guest) one of our monthly Board Meetings.
- Consider joining our Land Use Committee. (Involvement options range from occasionally showing up at a meeting in City Hall, to researching city archives, to handling critical negotiations with planners and developers. Having special skills in real estate or civic planning would be great, but it’s not required. More info is here; contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Committee.)
- Consider joining our Outreach and Events Committee. (Help spread the word about our District, and plan our participation in local street fairs and other events. View a typical meeting agenda here; contact email@example.com to join this Committee.)
- Consider joining our Finance Committee. (Finance and accounting skills are not required — although of course they could be very helpful if you have them. Participation is limited to voting members of the District, but do contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to join.)
- Read the Resolution as approved by the Board of Supervisors, and signed by the Mayor on May 9, 2018, here.
- Read the Vision and Mission Statements for the Cultural District here.
- Read our full organizational Bylaws, here.
- View a map of the Cultural District here.
- Check out our calendar of Cultural District meetings and events, here.
- Like and follow the SF Leather and LGBTQ Cultural District on Facebook.
- Join our Group on Fetlife.
- Follow @sfleatherdist on Twitter.
- Write to our group’s elected President, Robert Goldfarb, using the email address email@example.com or more generally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s see what we can do to make this happen, and make it happen right!