Hi. The San Francisco Bay Area Leather Alliance has set up this Web site to assist the new “Leather and LGBTQ Cultural District” in the SOMA area of San Francisco, to honor, support, and protect the unique and special culture that has flourished in this area.
We feel it is critical to this effort that anyone with any interest in the leather or kink community have a chance to learn about this project, and an opportunity to participate and offer their input and their opinions.
Huge thanks to Rachel Ryan & Nate Albee for initiating the Cultural District legislation!
There are lots of ways to get informed and involved:
- Read this brief introduction, or the latest version of our brochure.
- Click here to add your name to the Leather and LGBTQ Cultural District mailing list, to be notified of meetings and other events, join a committee, or volunteer your skills.
- Attend the Community Meetings (see below).
- Read the Resolution as approved by the Board of Supervisors, and signed by the Mayor on May 9, 2018, here.
- Read the Vision and Mission Statements for the Cultural District here.
- View a map of the Cultural District here.
- Like the SF Leather and LGBTQ Cultural District on Facebook. where you can view live streaming of community meetings.
- Join our Group on Fetlife.
- Follow @sfleatherdist on Twitter.
- Write to our group’s Chairperson, Robert Goldfarb, using the email address LCD@hellobob.net.
Let’s see what we can do to make this happen, and make it happen right!