Hi. The San Francisco Bay Area Leather Alliance has set up this Web site to support community-wide efforts to create a “Cultural District” in the SOMA area of San Francisco, to honor, support, and protect the unique and special culture that has flourished in this area.
We feel it is critical to this effort that anyone with any interest in the leather or kink community have a chance to learn about this project, and an opportunity to participate and offer their input and their opinions.
Huge thanks to Rachel Ryan & Nate Albee for initiating the Leather Cultural District legislation!
There are lots of ways to get informed and involved:
- Read this brief introduction.
- Read the latest revised text of the proposed resolution, here.
- Attend the Community Meetings (see below).
- Read and comment on the proposed (draft) Vision and Mission Statements for the district, here.
- Join the Leather District Slack team, where you can engage more interactively. (After joining, you can participate using the Slack app on your desktop or mobile device, or just browse to leatherdistrict.slack.com.)
- Click here to add your name to the Leather Cultural District mailing list, to be notified of meetings and other events, or volunteer your skills.
- Like the SF Leather Cultural District on Facebook. where you can view live streaming of community meetings.
- Follow sfleatherdist on Twitter.
- Write to our group’s Chairperson, Robert Goldfarb, using the email address LCD@hellobob.net.
Let’s see what we can do to make this happen, and make it happen right!