Nominations Still Open for Community Awards
Each year since 1965, our community has honored the Groups and Individuals who create and support our communities through events and projects. They are the longest-running Leather Community Awards in the world. You can review last year’s awards here, or see the full history of the awards here.
This year, the awards will be presented at a formal event on the evening of Friday, March 2, 2018, as part of the Leather Alliance Weekend
Each independent director and organizational director of the San Francisco Bay Area Leather Alliance should submit up to three nominees for each award category. The Awards Committee will tally the lists and the top three in each category will be listed as nominees.
Organizational directors should consult with their membership. Talk to your friends. Hobnob with your fellow wizards. Think outside the cage.
Note that this is the last year we will use this list; a new list (approve at the last Board meeting), will go into effect next year.
Please send your nominees to Larry Rivera at email@example.com. before the deadline of Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Philip M Turner Lifetime Achievement Award
- Woman of the Year
- Man of the Year
- Non Binary Person of the Year
- Jim Remer Unsung Hero Award (for long term community volunteering)
- Next Generation Award (under 35)
- Outstanding Community Nonprofit SF Bay Area
- Outstanding Community Business SF Bay Area
- Best New Organization – SF Bay Area
- Best Community Educational Event
- Best Organizational Anniversary Event
- Best Bay Area Leather Contest
- Best Community Leather/Fetish/MC event (not a contest or Street fair)
- Best Community Weekend Event (not a Contest or Street Fair)
- Most Visible Community Organization
- Best One-Day Motorcycle Ride
- Best Weekend Motorcycle Run